Ta for the photo, Helen.
Just got back from the exchange. Really good ten days! Best bits (in no particular order):
- W exclaiming at Stansted: "Aren't escalators brilliant. They're like stairs, but quicker!"
- Wall to wall sunshine (well almost) and 20+ degrees most days. Ludicrously nice weather.
- Meeting Elspeth at 10.50 p.m. at Surgères station.
- Going to the Aquarium in la Rochelle (Martin, with Germanic understatement, saying: "It was alright".)
- Lovely walk around Saintes with Helen, Jacques and Catherine.
- Boating at Coulon in the Venise Verte with Martin and Elspeth. Martin: "It was quite good."
- No queues at Futuroscope.
- Meeting a really enthusiastic primary class who are now desperate to swap letters with primary children in Ripon.
- Jogging around Puyravault listening to Neal Morse's Question Mark album on the ipod.
- Being with 25 very pleasant and largely happy students.