The new-look frenchteacher.net site is now up and running. Thanks to Harry Green for the redesign. I have left some of the resources free (Spanish, powerpoints, teacher guides and whiteboard notes and links). The main resources sections are accessible by subscription at £20 per year. Just go to the site if you wish to sign up. I have chosen a low cost annual subscription, hoping that lots of people will choose to continue using the resources. I shall be adding lots of new stuff.
I hope you like the simple, easy to navigate design.
http://www.frenchteacher.net
I'm sitting here with my copies of Cours Illustré de Français Book 1 and Longman's Audio-Visual French Stage A1 . I have previously mentioned the former, published in 1966, with its use of pictures to exemplify grammar and vocabulary. In his preface Mark Gilbert says: "The pictures are not... a mere decoration but provide further foundation for the language work at this early stage." He talks of "fluency" and "flexibility": "In oral work it is advisable to persist with the practice of a particular pattern until the pupils can use it fluently and flexibly. Flexibility means, for example, the ability to switch from one person of the verb to another..." Ah! Now, the Longman offering, written by S. Moore and A.L. Antrobus, published in 1973, just seven years later, has a great deal in common with Gilbert's course. We now have three colours (green, black and white) rather than mere black and white. The layout is arguably more attrac...
I'm so disappointed that you have started charging for the use of this excellent resource. I'm a Canadian teacher and really enjoyed using your site. I know your nominal fee is small, but we don't get a budget for this sort of thing. I'll really miss your excellent resources.
ReplyDeleteIt's been free for ages, but as I am retiring and wish to write new resources with no classes to teach, it seemed daft not to charge. If it were me, I'd stump up the £20 myself to save me some time preparing!
ReplyDelete