If there are any particular resources you would like me to work on, just ask. I can always say no. But I sometimes say yes.
Key Stage 3 (beginner to low intermediate)
- A picture with various exercises to practise prepositions. Vocab provided, then true/false, gap-fill, questions and oral pair work memory task. Could be used with a weaker Y8 group.
- Perfect tense crossword - phrases to translate. Avoir and être verbs.
- A set of easy short texts about family. matching task, translation both ways, sentence writing and oral summary.
- A 15 page listening revision booklet. This is a selection of existing video and audio listening worksheets put together with answers as a handy booklet. All tasks link out to online audio or video recordings chosen for their relevance and level. Suitable for Higher Tier GCSE (intermediate level - all exam boards). This could be used in class for revision or just handed out for independent work.
- Video listening. Wage inequality between men and women in France. Gap-fill with answers given. Best done in class as there are subtitles available! Some good factual information for a world of work A-level sub-theme (Edexcel). Interesting in its own right though.
- Video listening. The Mémorial de Caen. 5 minute video from France4/YouTube with various exercises: spot exact statements from the recording, questions, find the French, true-false. Good for the heritage sub-theme with crossover to wartime France. Suitable for Y13 (year 2 of the A-level course). I've also placed this task on the Adult Student page.
- Video listening. This is a short TV report about the Elixir rock festival, the first ever French rock festival which began in Brittany in 1979 and stopped in 1985. The French Woodstock or Glasto! Questions in French and expressions to find. Answers provided. This might support the festivals, traditions, cultural heritage sub-themes of the various exam boards in England and Wales.
- Video listening. What are strikes? A note-taking and summary task with good factual information for AO4 (AQA sub-theme).
- Video listening. A short news report about the Musée de l'Homme opened in 2015 in Paris. Gap-fill sentences and a short passage for retranslation into French. Answers provided.
- I have made significant changes to the AS/A-level vocab and oral booklets on the A-level page (England and Wales exams). I have almost completely altered the questions to take account of the new AO4 oral requirements (focus on cultural knowledge). The questions in my earlier versions from 2016 were too general. Thank you to a subscriber who pointed this out to me.
- There are now listening and reading revision booklets for AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas/WJEC. Each one is between 50 and 80 pages long and consists of a compendium of listening and reading exercises from frenchteacher. Answers provided (with occasional exceptions). These would be good to hand out as exams approach.